my repstrap’s first printout!

In the past few days I’ve tested the hotend (pla is melting nicely from 200 degrees C upwards) and I’m happy enough with that. I’ve also installed and leveled the dibond bed – this post has good pointers to help. I’ve setup the opto-endstops and I have a build envelope of  approx 195x135x100. I’ll post photos in a few days.  At the end of all that today, I managed to print a small 10 mm cube (designed in 3 seconds in openscad):

This was printed onto kapton tape (heated bed not yet setup) and obviously theres plenty of fun optimisation to be done…. but its nice to finally print a solid object 8)

Printer settings were mostly Araspitfire’s with a feed rate of 5, flow rate of 10 and max z speed of 2 (all mm/s I believe) as I didn’t want to push things too hard just yet (i have heatsinks to bond to the pololu drivers for doing that!).

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: