The repstrap I put together a few months back used laser cut gears to couple the steppers to the leadscrews. I printed some pulleys on it for the Prusa build but they weren’t precise enough. So I laser cut some instead!
Someone asked my about them so I thought I’d write it up and take some photos. I used openscad to generate dxfs of each of the three different profiles in the pulleys (3 different heights) and the gears (see GilesBathgate’s blog). The first ones weren’t strong enough so I increased the base size and used drilled holes for nails to take the strain. Here’s some photos of putting them together…
gluing the parts:
Gear glued and using screws to take the turning forces:
Gluing teeth together and using nails to take force:
Gluing and ‘nailing’ base parts:
Clamping pulleys for glue to set:
Finished pulleys with nails cut to size: